Responsible for: QA Technicians
Hours of work will be discussed on interview but some flexibility will be required.
Rate of pay negotiable depending on experience
About The Role
David Wood Foods is a food manufacturing organisation with a site based in Bolton. We have over 20 years experience in the food business, and currently produce a range of quality products for the retail and foodservice industry from seven high-tech factories.
You will ensure the Safety, Legality, Quality and Ethical Integrity of all products produced at our site based in Kearsley, by ensuring that all stages of manufacture from development, customer acceptance and full production comply to all policies, codes of practice, legislation and work instructions.
This role offers development opportunities as a site Technical Manager in a progressive business, working with an experienced passionate team who are quality focused.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Management and leadership of Technical and Quality team on site.
- Management, maintenance and administration of the site HACCP system.
- Initiation of investigations and response to customer in relation to all customer complaints in conjunction with the Technical and Production teams.
- Maintenance of the Quality Manual and all procedures therein to ensure that the Quality Management System complies with customer and BRC requirements
- Ensuring all procedures in the Quality Manual are adhered to especially with respect to Critical Control Points.
- Overseeing document control of all factory documents including forms, recipes, specifications and labels.
- Ensuring microbiological testing and swabbing regimes are adhered to and food safety issues are addressed.
- Management of the hygiene function at site
- Management and over seeing site pest proofing
- Member of Continuity Management Team.
- Supplier approval and monitoring
- Ensure good manufacturing practices, food safety, quality and health and safety is maintained at all times
- Management of the higher level internal auditing function
- Maintaining the sites BRC accreditation and complying with all customer codes of practice and audit requirements
- Any other task reasonably requested by site Manager
- An understanding of the Bakery category
- Displays effective influencing and communication skills
- Self-organisation, motivation, planning, prioritising and time management.
- Knowledge and understanding of the food safety and quality requirements of the both the business and the customers.
- The ability to maintain and improve the site HACCP systems
- The ability to develop and drive quality standards