This job is for UK applicants only.
Shift Pattern: Monday- Friday -Days ( Full rota will be discussed at the interview stage )
At David Wood Baking we have over 20 years’ experience in the bakery business and, if one thing is clear about our company it’s that we’re passionate about baking.
We currently produce a range of quality frozen ‘bake off’ and craft bakery products encompassing Savoury Pastry, Sweet Pastry, Bread, Morning Goods and Confectionery products from eight cutting-edge bakeries around the UK.
About The Role
- Educated to a degree level in food technology or equivalent qualifications, and experience.
- Experience of using retailer specification systems and retailer web based technical systems
- Experience gained within a food manufacturing environment
- Experience of working with major retailers
- Knowledge of legal labelling legislation
- Previous knowledge and understanding of technical food specification writing
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bolton, BL4 8NB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- similar role: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Responsibilities & Requirements
- To write, process and approve product specifications involving frequent interaction with suppliers in relation to technical queries.
- To interact with customers on technical issues relating to a variety of specifications/material queries; liaise with the Supply team in relation to the completion and sign off raw material specifications.
- To develop and manage internal specifications for incoming materials and provide support to the site for technical and quality functions.
- To review copy artwork, in line with updated customer technical and labelling policies, and include all regulatory changes that will impact on the accuracy of the pack (information and labelling).
- To maintain and complete internal supplier assurance systems.
- To maintain retailers web based online technical systems/standards and follow through on audit actions.
- To update internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance to retail customer requirements and complete GAP analysis of same as required.
- Creation and management of internal labels; working closely with NPD in identifying and advising on labelling non-conformances and changes required to existing packs.
- To support with traceability exercises as required.
- To manage the calibration schedule.
- Management of the allergen matrix.
- To support the internal auditing team and actively participate in regular site audits and customer visits.
- To maintain document control.
- To actively participate and be a member of the HACCP team.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with this role.
- To create, amend and issue factory paperwork and supporting documents.