Full-Time : 45hrs
Rate of Pay : Negotiable depending on experience (Weekly Pay)
Shift pattern will be discussed at Interview, but some flexibility will be required (Weekend Shift on Rota)
About The Role
David Wood Foods is a food manufacturing organisation with a site based in Bolton. We have over 20 years experience in the food business, and currently produce a range of quality products for the retail and foodservice industry from seven high-tech factories.
Yet we’re not a company to sit back and relax. Product development is our heartbeat and we work closely with our customers to develop products that combine specific requirements and imaginative flair. Working with key partners we have already developed a number of new exciting and award-winning products that continue to attract and delight consumers.
The job holder will be working within the factory supporting the technical team, customer acceptance and full production whilst ensuring compliance to all policies, codes of practice, legislation and work instructions.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Ensuring that all Food safety, GMP and QC checks are being carried out online as specified in work instructions, HACCP and process control documents
- Carry out hourly checks on the production lines
- Carry out temperature checks on fridges, chillers and freezers at prescribed frequency as per work instructions
- Issue and review all process control and safety check sheets on a daily basis
- Reporting of issues to relevant person/s
- Collecting and collating samples for shelf life testing
- Hold daily taste panels and conduct final inspections including completing QAS on samples
- Take samples for lab analysis and arrange collection
- Cary out daily calibration of temperature probes and weighing scales
- Conduct monthly glass, brittle & hard plastic, ceramic and similar material audits
- Collate trial information and assist with the creation and up dating of internal specifications
- Assisting with the investigation of customer complaints
- Ensure good manufacturing practices, food safety, quality and health and safety is maintained at all times
- Any other task reasonably requested by a Manager
- Displays effective communication, listening, influencing and persuading skills at all levels.
- Confident using a Computer.
- Self-organisation, motivation, planning, prioritising and time management.
- Knowledge and understanding of the factory operation and the quality requirements of the both the business and the customer.