Full-Time- 45 hours per week
Rate of Pay- Competitive-to be confirmed on Interview-Weekly pay
Shift pattern: Nightshift, but some flexibility will be required.
About The Role
At David Wood Baking we have over 20 years’ experience in the bakery business, and if one thing is clear about our company it’s that we’re passionate about baking.
We currently produce a range of quality frozen ‘bake off’ and craft bakery products encompassing Savoury Pastry, Sweet Pastry, Bread, Morning Goods and Confectionery products from seven cutting-edge bakeries around the UK.
The job holder will be working within the factory supporting the technical team, customer acceptance and full production whilst ensuring compliance to all policies, codes of practice, legislation and work instructions.
Experience within a similar role is essential to be considered
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Ensuring that all Food safety, GMP and QC checks are being carried out online as specified in work instructions, HACCP and process control documents
- Carry out hourly checks on the production lines
- Carry out temperature checks on fridges, chillers and freezers at prescribed frequency as per work instructions
- Issue and review all process control and safety check sheets on a daily basis
- Reporting of issues to relevant person/s
- Collecting and collating samples for shelf life testing
- Hold daily taste panels and conduct final inspections including completing QAS on samples
- Take samples for lab analysis and arrange collection
- Cary out daily calibration of temperature probes and weighing scales
- Conduct monthly glass, brittle & hard plastic, ceramic and similar material audits
- Collate trial information and assist with the creation and up dating of internal specifications
- Assisting with the investigation of customer complaints
- Ensure good manufacturing practices, food safety, quality and health and safety is maintained at all times
- Any other task reasonably requested by a Manager
- Displays effective communication, listening, influencing and persuading skills at all levels.
- Confident using a Computer.
- Self-organisation, motivation, planning, prioritising and time management.
- Knowledge and understanding of the factory operation and the quality requirements of the both the business and the customer.