We’ve got a fantastic opportunity for a Night Shift Manager to join the team at our Flint site.
Reporting to the Site Operations Manager, you will lead your team to successfully deliver your lines KPI’s and drive business performance.
About The Role
David Wood Foods is a food manufacturing organisation with a site based in Flint. We have over 20 years experience in the food business, and currently produce a range of quality products for the retail and foodservice industry from seven high-tech factories.
Yet we’re not a company to sit back and relax. Product development is our heartbeat and we work closely with our customers to develop products that combine specific requirements and imaginative flair. Working with key partners we have already developed a number of new exciting and award-winning products that continue to attract and delight consumers.
As a key part of our 7- site group, our Flint site is a large food manufacturer producing a range of quality meals for the major UK retailers and foodservice operators.
Responsibilities & Requirements
• Take full responsibility for the day to day running of a department on shift, ensuring the Health & Safety of all colleagues whilst maintaining and making improvements in all areas.
• Coach, develop and lead staff & establish a continuous improvement culture.
• Monitor and communicate the site plan, performance KPI’s and targets ensuring that all colleagues are striving to achieve the same goal.
• Working closely with internal and external suppliers you will build strong effective relationships ensuring that the site is legally compliant, all products are delivered to specification to ensure value and colleagues are highly engaged with the right tools to do their job.
• Control and report on line efficiency, yield, waste, downtime, and labour utilisation.
• Continuously identify ways to reduce costs & improve standards & efficiency in all areas.
• Attend daily review meetings to ensure fully on target to deliver.
• Lead by example, demonstrating high standards of behaviour, honesty & integrity – develop & support people through coaching and feedback.
• Management experience gained in a fast paced production environment dealing with large teams.
• Proven experience in a people management role with the ability to deliver strong results through a team.
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve and report information/findings, develop recommendations, and implement process changes in order to improve operational performance.
• Strong leadership and coaching skills in order to engage motivate and develop large teams with varying skill sets.
• The ability to build effective relationships across all levels of the organisation and cross-functional teams through the application of effective communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.