DAY OR NIGHT SHIFT SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY
Hours of Work: 45 hrs per week
(4 X 11.25HR PER SHIFT)
PLEASE NOTE THAT SHIFTS ARE FIXED AND MAY INCLUDE A WEEKEND
£8.91 starting rate for day shift then rising to 9.11 after 4 weeks
£9.01 starting rate for night shift then rising to £9.26 after 4 weeks
About The Role
At David Wood Foods we have over 20 years’ experience in the bakery business, and if one thing is clear about our company it’s that we’re passionate about baking.
We currently produce a range of quality frozen ‘bake off’ and craft bakery products encompassing Savoury Pastry, Sweet Pastry, Bread, Morning Goods and Confectionery products from seven cutting-edge bakeries around the UK.
Responsibilities & Requirements
Our site Based in Dudley, operates 24/7 producing a variety of different artisan breads for majority of the leading supermarkets across the U.K.
The increase in sales and new products being produced has created a number of Production/Packing operatives vacancies across site.
You will be working in a fast pace environment producing, picking and packing products in an efficient and timely manner, whilst meeting customer specifications by ensuring quality is always at its highest standard.
The role will suit candidates who have worked for a small or medium company and are willing to work in a hands-on varied role, previous Food Industry experience would be an advantage.
This role can be quite physical at times as you will be required to do the following:
• Moving/Lifting Tubs of dough/Ingredients/oven racks
• Loading/Unloading trays into Oven racks
• Loading/Unloading production/oven conveyors
• Picking/Packing finished products, into baskets/boxes
• Manual Handling
• Clean as you go
• This position is a standing role
Aswell as being Physical, there are also Environmental factors you may wish to consider before applying for this role they include:
• Temperature: This can vary depending on which area of the factory you will be working in. Majority of site is ambient temperature, but we do have an Oven area which will be very warm, and also a Frozen packing area which will be chilly.
• Dust exposure: Flour dust will be present in majority of the areas across our site, where levels are high-risk, you will be required to where a dust mask to help reduce the amount of flour particulars breathed in.
• Noise exposure: The machinery and ovens on site can give of a lot of noise again where levels are high-risk you will be required to wear ear defenders
Must be of minimum required age for general rules of employment
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent