Shift pattern: Under review, but expected to revolve around 24/6 cover
Rate of pay: Dependent on experience and qualifications
About The Role
David Wood Foods is a food manufacturing organisation based in Workington. We have over 20 years experience in the bakery and food business, and currently produce a range of quality products for the retail and foodservice industry from seven high-tech factories.
Due to continued growth, we are looking to increase our engineering team at Workington, and are seeking an experienced MULTI-SKILLED ENGINEER WITH ELECTRICAL BIAS.
Responsibilities & Requirements
Along with reactive and planned maintenance to the plant, the shift engineer would be responsible for the development and implementation of line improvements/installations, maintaining equipment / conveyors / etc.. You would also be required to work closely with the Team leaders and Management to ensure targets are met on safety, output, quality, efficiency, energy and waste; communicating any production and engineering issues back to the Engineering Manager. You would form part of a talented and friendly team.
- To provide a hands-on role resolving immediate problems to ensure continuity of product and limitation of waste or damaged product.
- Proactively identify and solve problems on the plant to increase reliability and efficiency
- Keep up to date with Best Practice and Continuous Improvement initiatives
- To document all breakdowns and repairs
- To utilise the planned Preventative maintenance system to ensur all plant is maintained regularly.
- To aid in project work when requested
- To assist with technical investigations into all breakdowns, establishing Root Cause and any remedial actions.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and internal requirements and standards, including Health and Safety
- To work safely at all times, using correct PPE as required in risk assessments for each particular task.
- To communicate effectively with all departments and Managers on a variety of matters, especially regarding realistic recovery times/progress after major breakdowns.
- Experience of working with high-volume production machinery an advantage
- Experience of working in the Food Manufacturing Sector or other FMCC an advantage
- General computer literacy required – suitable training given on specific software
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience to cover both mechanical and electrical works, to a high and safe standard.
- Ability to be part of a team, but also self-motivated when working alone.