Working Hours: Full-Time 42hrs per week
Rate of pay: £15-£16 per hour dependent on experience
Benefits: Night bonus
About The Role
David Wood Foods is a food manufacturing organisation with a site based in Flint. We have over 20 years experience in the food business, and currently produce a range of quality products for the retail and foodservice industry from seven high-tech factories.
Due to continued growth, we are looking to expand our engineering team, and are seeking an experienced time served Mechanical & Electrical Bias Engineer.
Along with reactive and planned maintenance to the plant, the shift engineer would be responsible for the development and implementation of line improvements/installations, maintaining equipment / conveyors / frame works. You would also be required to work closely with the team leaders, and management to ensure targets are met on safety, output, quality, efficiency, energy and waste, communicating any production and engineering issues back to the Engineering Manager.
This job opening will provide career development and the opportunity to work within a talented and friendly team!
Responsibilities & Requirements
- To provide a hands on role resolving immediate problems ensuring continuity of production and limitation of waste or damaged product.
- Proactively identify and solve problems on the plant to increase reliability and efficiency.
- Keep up-to-date with Best Practice and CI Initiatives.
- To document all breakdowns and repairs.
- To utilise the planned preventive maintenance system to ensure all the production equipment is maintained regularly.
- To aid in project work when requested by the senior engineers.
- To ensure technical investigations into all breakdowns establishing the route cause analysis and the remedial action required.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirement including all Health and Safety issues.
- To work safely at all times using the correct PPE as required in the risk assessments for each particular task.
- To communicate to the production shift manager indicating realistic timescales on major breakdowns to keep production informed of the progress of the breakdown.
- Are you a trained electrically biased multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer.
- Experience of working with high volume bakery manufacturing equipment (mixers, moulders, ovens, slicers, chillers, conveyors) would be ideal.
- Are you qualified to City & Guilds or an equivalent in the electrical discipline?
- Do you have experience within the Food Manufacturing sector or other FMCG engineering environment?
- Be Computer Literate
- Excellent communication skills