SALARY- Negotiable, depending on experience
SHIFT- 5 days out of 7, some flexibility required
About The Role
At David Wood Foods, we have over 20 years’ experience in the bakery business, and if one thing is clear about our company it’s that we’re passionate about baking.
We currently produce a range of quality craft bakery products encompassing Savoury Pastry, Sweet Pastry, Bread, Morning Goods and Confectionary products from seven cutting-edge bakeries around the UK.
Due to growth within the team, a vacancy has arisen for a Hygiene Manager based at our Sidney st site. The role will be covering Hygiene, GMP and Factory Floor Standards. The main purpose of this position is to manage the requirements within the department – effectively and efficiently – through the optimum use of people, materials and plant / equipment / machinery, in order to achieve output requirements in compliance with company / site / legislative standards of quality, quantity, cost and timescale.
The successful candidate must have outstanding communication skills and have experience of leading and developing teams as well as having a minimum of 4 years in a Hygiene position.
Responsibilities & Requirements
Main responsibilities :
- Reviewing and implementing customer codes of practice and making sure they are all compliant with all hygiene standards.
- Implement business improvements ensuring that food safety and quality remain at the forefront of the company.
- Ensuring hygiene operatives across day and night shifts are appropriately trained, organised and managed to complete required workload.
- Ensuring all paperwork is completed accurately and fully.
- To manage issues with production management to minimise risk to product through effective hygiene management and process control.
- Managing and developing scheduled deep and standard cleaning of machinery/ environment program to required standards.
- Working towards KPI’s and targets, ensuring all clean downs are done to the highest standard.
- Carrying out regular audits in relation to hygiene systems and environmental standards.
- Liaising with production management to minimise risk to product through effective hygiene management and process control.
- Improving efficiency and standards of cleaning.
- Managing departmental budget.
- Ownership and development of hygiene systems.
- Monitor and manage the site pest control system in conjunction with the third party contractor.
- Monitor and manage the site waste disposal system in conjunction with the third party contractor.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bolton, BL4 8NB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Cleaning Management: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person