At David Wood Baking we have over 20 years’ experience in the bakery business and, if one thing is clear about our company it’s that we’re passionate about baking.
We currently produce a range of quality frozen ‘bake off’ and craft bakery products encompassing Savoury Pastry, Sweet Pastry, Bread, Morning Goods and Confectionery products from eight cutting-edge bakeries around the UK.
About The Role
- Desire to make people’s time at work as safe and enjoyable as possible
- High attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills: you are also results-oriented and tenacious
- Familiarity in working in a food production environment
- Understanding of UK Health and Safety legislation
- A track record in Health and Safety management in a food production environment.
- IOSH Managing Safely / NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £30,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bolton: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have IOSH Managing Safely / NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent
- Health and Safety: 1 year (required)
- Food Industry: 1 year (required)
Work Location: One location
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Making sure that such policies cover basic safety rules/regulations, accident investigation/evaluation and/or reporting procedures.
- In the event of an accident taking place, it is the duty of a health and safety coordinator to ensure the investigation is carried out and to gather all information and necessary evidence to support the investigation. You will make sure that work-related injuries and/or accidents are well-documented, properly kept and communicated to Site Manager and Department managers.
- To report any RIDDOR that is necessary to HSE and communicate this to the relevant employees within the site and the Group.
- He/she then works closely with the top management and supervisors to make sure that particular type of accident doesn’t happen again.
- The health and safety coordinator play a very important role in the implementation of safety plans and or policies. He/she also monitors and evaluates the outcome and effect of such policies.
- Is responsible for keeping the following documents up to date for the site- Risk Assessments- Standard Operation Procedures
- To carry out weekly site inspections and create corrective actions. Also, to chase these actions and ensure they get closed off in the appropriate timescale agreed. This is mainly done in a bid to identify workplace hazards (which include wet floors, blocked exits, etc) and to also embark on corrective and or preventive measures as the case may be.
- Ability to carry out projects and jobs and complete them to a certain timescale provided by the Manager/Supervisor.
- The ability to work fully within the rules of Food Hygiene, whilst completing jobs to a high standard.
- Ensure staff are trained in their areas of work, e.g SOPs and RA’s trained out for that particular area for each member of staff to ensure maximum safety for all employees. And keep the training matrix up to date.
- Ensure the site has enough First Aiders and Fire Marshals on site. Arrange training if necessary.
- Ensure the site undergoes the correct amount of Fire Evacuations each year to comply with the law. To liaise with the engineering department.
- Ensure each member of staff has been issued with the correct PPE/PPC and is adhering to H&S polices and procedures at site at all times.
- Be responsible for logging and chasing EWR & Near Miss/Hazard Forms.
- Carry out any other duties reasonably requested by your Manager or the Site Manager to support the business.
- Provide positive leadership and promote a positive Health & Safety culture.
- Maintain and promote high standards in Health and Safety.
- Perform daily site inspections and ensure the reports are sent for actions.
- Carry out accidents and near-miss investigation and implementing actions to improve current working practices.
- Perform regular review and update of the risk assessments, procedures, and policy.
- Work closely with the H&S manager and all members of staff to put in place the right safety measures that will prevent accidents and ill-health as well as ensuring legal compliance.
- Organise training for staff, either internally or through external providers.
- Perform internal safety audits to monitor compliance.
- Prepare and communicate safety awareness, toolbox talks, safety alerts etc.
- Maintain site emergency teams of Fire Wardens and First Aiders for the site, arranging training where necessary.
- Ensure Health & Safety notice boards are updated with relevant information (H&S Policy, H&S Alerts, H&S Minutes of Meetings etc.).