45hrs per week
5 X 9 hour days (you would need to be flexible as shift patterns are subject to change due to the nature of the business)
Rate of pay to be discussed on Interview
About The Role
David Wood Foods is a food manufacturing organisation with a site based in Workington. We have over 20 years experience in the food business, and currently produce a range of quality products for the retail and foodservice industry from seven high-tech factories.
Over the past 10 years, by building great relationships with our customers, this has enabled us to establish ourselves as leaders in the own label sector within the food industry, providing food products to the biggest retailers in the UK.
Due to ongoing expansion the opportunity has arisen for a Stores and Despatch Supervisor to support our Workington Site.
Your role will be to assist the Planning Manager in preparing all client orders on schedule, whilst maintaining good housekeeping practices, stock integrity, administration and team morale. Other duties will also involve liaising and working closely with other departments, forward planning to make best use of the resources (team, time, materials, and equipment).
Responsibilities & Requirements
To be successful, you will be able to present desired skills in above named position and support your application with previous experience.
* Good IT literacy (ideally with Sage).
* Be numerate and accurate in presenting facts to colleagues.
* Have a willingness to progress your career in a fast-growing business.
* Be able to act as decision maker in the absence of the planning manager.
* Be able to fairly delegate tasks and deliver training whenever necessary.
* Be punctual, reliable, physically fit and motivated.
* Be flexible (earlier starts, later finishes).
* Have a very good numeracy and literacy skills and be computer literate (Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook)
* Be safety focused ensuring correct PPE is worn and manual handling checks are carried out
* MUST have FLT Counterbalance licence